Deadline: May 31, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship 2017. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship supports one Academy fellow each year from Greece and the Greek diaspora who spends ten months at Chatham House. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship is a joint initiative between Chatham House and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
A fellow’s time will be split between three key areas:
- Completing a personal research project of the fellow’s own design undertaken with the guidance of a Chatham House expert, (approximately 50%).
- Contributing to the ongoing research activities of their host research team and other Chatham House teams as appropriate (approximately 20%).
- Participation in the Academy’s Leadership Programme (approximately 30%). The Leadership Programme is a key part of the Academy fellowships. It provides fellows with the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills, network and self-awareness, which they can then draw upon in their future careers as effective leaders in their field.
Fellows are hosted by and based in research teams at Chatham House. During the fellowship, the fellow will conduct a research project of their own design which falls within the specified research topics. The parameters for the research topics have been designed in broad terms to allow applicants to devise a project that appeals to their own research interests.
- The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,160. Modest provision is made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
Eligibility is based on the following:
- Citizenship: The fellowship is open to citizens of Greece. Applications will be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes Greece;
- Education: It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred;
- Career: The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, one of the policy-related challenges laid out in the research topics in ‘Research Topics.’
Interested applicants can apply using the online application portal
For more information, visit Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship.