Apply for UNICEF Regional Adviser in Bangkok, Thailand
UNICEF is accepting applications for the Regional Adviser(Adolescent Development and Participation) in Bangkok, Thailand. UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
How can you make a difference?
Assist the Deputy Regional Director in fulfilling his/her accountabilities in regards to:
- Technical Assistance, Quality Assurance and Oversight.
- Strategic Partnerships aimed at unleashing the potential of every adolescent.
- Knowledge and Thought Leadership
- Championing efforts within the Regional Office to unleash the potential of every adolescent
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or/and related technical field, preferably with a specialisation in areas related to adolescents.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible professional level experience in international development and emergencies in programme analysis, design, management, monitoring and evaluation in the area of programming for and with adolescents.
- Strong management experience. Work with proven analytical, conceptualising and negotiating skills relevant to human and social development.
- Knowledge of economic, social and political history and trends in the Region an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Deadline: 15th July 2017