ASEAN Youth Initiative Conference (AYIC) 2017 in Indonesia
Program Date: 11th-14th September 2017
Venue: Bandung, Indonesia
ASEAN Youth Initiative Conference (AYIC) is an international conference for ASEAN youth, initiated by students of Padjadjaran University, to express their aspirations in responding to global issues, especially in achieving Sustainable Development Goals (also known as Global Goals) AYIC invites best and brightest youth of ASEAN to present their research papers in referring to 4 Global Goals that are the highlight of AYIC. Also, conducts an intensive discussion with experts.
At the second year of its conduct, AYIC set;
Ensuring Fairness, Advancing ASEAN
as the grand theme. AYIC highlights the following 4 Global Goals to be discussed:
- Zero Hunger (Goal 2)
- Good Health and Well-being (Goal 3)
- Clean Water and Sanitation (Goal 6)
- Reducing Inequalities (Goal 10)
- Are 18-25 years old
- Possess citizenship and an active passport of ASEAN member states
- Acquire proficiency in English
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Delegations are required to pay for their own travel fare to the conference
- Have strong interest and in-depth understanding on Sustainable Development Goals
- Willing to cooperate and open to ideas from other delegations
- Possess the skill of finding a middle ground in order to achieve solutions that are accepting of all parties, and all that constitutes a definite improvement on the current situation
- Capable of bringing inspiration, information, and action plans resulted in the conference back to their state and passing them on to others through talks, reports, news, stories, campaigns, etc.
- Available to participate in the full length of the forum in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
You need to fill out the online application form through our website. Then, you will be asked to send an abstract of your paper/scientific writing regarding Sustainable Development Goals. We will let you know whether you are selected as a delegate by sending a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) through your email. There will be a waiting list system. So, if you are receiving a LoA with additional information that you are a waiting list delegate, you have to wait for approximately 2-3 days until we give you another LoA ensuring that you are selected to replace the shortlisted delegates who before decided to back out from attending AYIC 2017.
Deadline: 1st July 2017