Deadline: July 30, 2017
One Young World is pleased to be able to nominate up to five One Young World Ambassadors for sponsored delegate places at JCI’s International Summit on Peace taking place from 6 – 8 September 2017 in Kuching, Malaysia. The International Summit on Peace will provide a platform for active citizens and global experts to join in building a common vision to create an everlasting world peace.
During this event, participants will identify the greatest barriers to peace and formulate sustainable solutions to these challenges, empowering young people worldwide to be the generation to develop peace within themselves, their community and the world around them.
The Summit will:
- Analyze global barriers to peace through the lens of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
- Engage representatives and experts from all sectors of society to understand how collaboration across all sectors, and even borders, can unite and increase actions for sustainable impact.
- Facilitate cultural exchange and dialogue amongst delegates to foster understanding of how multiculturalism and integration can lead to peaceful solutions for sustainable development.
- Develop in the form of a resolution, a commitment to a shared vision of youth-led sustainable development that ensures an everlasting world peace.
Ambassadors nominated by One Young World will receive:
- A complimentary delegate pass for the International Summit on Peace
- Access to Welcome Night Dinner
- Complimentary shared accommodation for up to three nights
- Partial travel reimbursement, if requested (amount reimbursed will be evaluated on travel needs and costs, please note that this reimbursement is provided by JCI, not One Young World.)
- Open to young people who are taking action for peace around the world.
Apply here by 30 July for the chance to receive One Young World’s nomination.
For more information, visit JCI’s International Summit on Peace.