Deadline: July 1, 2017
Funding is available to support attendance at the CIDOC 2017 Conference in Tbilisi, Georgia from September 25-30, 2017. CIDOC, ICOM’s International Committee for Documentation, provides the museum community with advice on good practice and developments in museum documentation. This year’s CIDOC conference aims to encourage active reviews and discussions on the topics below with a broad international focus. While illuminating the philosophy and activities of documentation officers, collection managers, registrars, conservators, curators, researchers, educators and all other stakeholders in documenting and preserving the cultural heritage. All professionals are invited to participate in the conference presenting their practices, reviews and approaches.
- How did museum documentation start in different places and how did it develop?
- Cultural heritage documentation as knowledge management
- Standards and their application in museum documentation
- Documentation in excavation work
- Working with multilingual tools to support museum work
- Enabling cross-border, cross-sectoral networking of museum documentation to support research, education and presentation
- Challenges of the 21st century – Inter-cultural dialogue supported by museum documentation
- Implementing best practices in museum documentation
- Grants are awarded as a contribution towards travel costs, accommodation (6 nights) and registration fees;
- Costs incurred in the home country, including but not limited to surface travel, accommodation, and visas, will not be covered by the grant.
- Applicants must be qualified professionals who are currently employed in a museum or a related institution;
- Applicants must be from a country listed as low or lower middle income, based on the latest World Development Indicators Database of the World Bank;
- Applicants must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and provide evidence of efforts to obtain such funding;
- Applicants are encouraged to become members of ICOM;
- Priority will be given to applicants from the following countries: Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
- To apply, please fill in and submit the application form in English
- In addition to the completed form, you are required to send to the Bursary Committee of CIDOC 2017 the following attachments:
- CV (including list of publications)
- One recommendation letter from the head of the organisation /institution where the candidate is presently working.
You can send the attachments by e-mail to [email protected]with the subject field “CIDOC/Grant application”. Applicants will be notified of their status no later than July 31, 2017.
For more information, visit CIDOC 2017.