British Council Workshop Grants Russia
Researcher Links Workshops bring together early career researchers from the UK and a partner country to make international connections that can improve the quality of their research.Applications are made on a bilateral basis by senior researchers. Once funded, grants are available for early-career researchers in the UK and the country hosting the workshop to attend.
There will be 9 awards in total under this call – 5 awards for organising Researcher Links workshops in Russia and 4 awards for organising Researcher Links workshops in the UK. All workshops must be held between 1st of June 2018 and 31st of December 2018. Workshop Coordinators may apply for funding workshops to be held in both countries. In this case, two separate applications must be submitted to the British Council and justification must be provided
for holding two workshops. The minimum duration of a workshop is three (3) days and the maximum duration is four (4) days
Priority areas: Partner countries may specify priority areas and will only accept applications within these. Priority areas are listed in the guidelines document.
Maximum British Council funding available for one Researcher Links workshop in Russia is £37,600. Researcher Links workshops in Russia will be co-funded by the Russian Foundation of Basic Research. Total value of British Council’s and RFBR grants will be approximately £50,600 (subject to exchange rate fluctuations).
Maximum British Council funding available for one Researcher Links workshop in the UK is £51,940. The grant contribution given to support the organisation of the Researcher Links workshops is calculated using a combination of flat unit rates per person and accountable costs. Researchers and their institutions will be asked to keep and submit receipts and invoices to demonstrate their spend until 31 December 2022.
- Leading Researchers as defined by the EC can apply to be workshop coordinators.
- Each proposal must have one workshop coordinator from the UK, as well as a workshop coordinator from the partner country listed above.
- Please see list of eligible UK research institutions in the download section
How to apply
- Download and read the guidelines document available from the download section .
- Apply using the online system (registration required). Guidance notes on registering and applying with the online system are available in the download section below. An example of the application form is also available from the download section to show the application questions. This cannot be used to submit an application. It is for information only.
Deadline: 19th September 2017