Registrations are ongoing to the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) 2017 in Sylhet, Bangladesh. Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is an intensive training program for youth ages 14-25. Talented young people attend a seminar, camp, or workshop, generally three to ten days in length, organized by Rotarians at the local club or district level. Participants’ expenses are often paid by sponsoring Rotary clubs.
The RYLA program enables young people to debate issues of professional responsibility and human relations, improve leadership and communication skills, learn about businesses and institutions and and meet Rotarians while having fun and making friends. For young adults, RYLA provides the opportunity to refine skills and explore pertinent topics with their peers and elders. For Rotarians, RYLA offers the chance to help develop leaders, share valuable expertise, and bridge the gap between generations.
The Award :
RYLA is not a normal type of award. The Rotary Youth Leadership Award entitles the recipient to take part in the annual RYLA camp as the guest of their local Rotary Club. Apart from attending the RYLA camp, the awardees receive an inscribed certificate to mark the occasion and will normally be invited to their sponsoring Rotary Club before and after the camp. The course is a four days long live-in program conducted by highly trained, experienced leaders representing a wide range of vocations.
RYLA 2017 will be organized by Rotary Club of Sylhet Elegance with theme Discover, Exchange, Develop and take place at 17-20 May 2017 in FIVDB training center, Khadimnagar, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
Rotary is a worldwide organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional, and community leaders. Rotary club members provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. There are 33,000 Rotary clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas. Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world.
Objectives of RYLA:
- To demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth
- To encourage, assist, and train leaders in responsible and effective youth leadership.
- To encourage continued and stronger leadership of youth by youth
- To publicly recognize the high qualities of youth who are rendering service to their communities as young leaders.
During a RYLA program, you will:
- Gain exposure to issues and exchange ideas with talented people like you.
- Explore new career paths and find out more about your chosen field from successful professionals.
- Learn how to coordinate youth activities and community service projects in your community.
- Discuss creative approaches for resolving family, social, and professional conflicts.
- Meet Rotary decision-makers in your community and learn about other Rotary programs for young people.
Through RYLA, you can:
- Develop your leadership skills and character
- Gain exposure to a variety of issues and people
- Meet active community leaders Learn valuable information and career skills
Accommodation & Food:
- During RYLA camp, participants will be provided accommodation and food from 17 to 20 May 2017.
Attractions: Attractive gifts along with Bag, T-shirt etc.
- Participants at the RYLA are drawn from a diverse group of young people who have been involved in Rotary youth programs and have been recommended by their local rotary club.
- Eligible individuals are between the ages 18-25 and cannot be Rotarians.
- As a prerequisite to applying, participants must also have experience in any of the following Rotary or Rotary Foundation programs:
Ambassadorial Scholarships, Group Study Exchange, Interact, Rotaract, Rotary Peace and Conflict Studies Program, Rotary World Peace Fellowships, RYLA, Youth Exchange
- Fee: BDT 4500 ( USD 60) up to April 30, 2017; BDT 5000 ( USD 65) up to May 07, 2017.
- Process: Fill up the registration form and send by attaching the Photo and payment document at firstname.lastname@example.org