Deadline: September 30, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada 2018. The CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is a scholarship program designed for faculty and non-teaching staff of Philippine Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). This program will bring twenty (20) Filipino scholars to Canada to pursue further studies at Canadian institutions during 2017-18 academic year. Interested applicants can apply for a PhD Sandwich program with the degree granted by an institution in the Philippines.
The objective of the CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is to prepare these scholars for academic positions, educational leadership, research, policy formulation and teacher training in the Philippines upon completion of the program. The scholars are expected to return to the Philippines and implement meaningful programs in relation to their acquired knowledge and skills from their study in Canada for the development of their respective HEIs.
The program is entirely funded by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED), which has entrusted the management of the program to the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
Candidates for the scholarship shall possess the following in order to be eligible to avail the scholarship grant:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree (for applicants to master’s degree programs) or a master’s degree (for applicants to doctoral degree programs) relevant to the graduate degree being sought;
- Demonstrate strong academic record;
- Be in good health and of good moral character;
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law; and
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation.
Upon selection, scholars will be notified by e-mail and will be required to register with CBIE’s scholarship database and upload the following documents:
- Original Undergraduate or Master’s transcript and completion certificate
- Minimum two letters of recommendation
- Original copy of TOEFL or other English proficiency score
- A copy of the passport clearly showing name, date of birth, number
- Completed and signed CBIE “Consent to release Academic Information” form
- Letter of support by current supervisor (PhD only)
- Pre-approved workplan for studies (PhD only)
- Interested faculty and staff shall email [email protected] following the recommended Subject format: APPLICATION_LastName,FirstName_CHEDCBIE
- You will need to submit the following application documents by e-mail:
- CHED Application Form (following the prescribed attached CHED Template)
- Transcript of Records
- Statement of Intended PhD Research/Master’s Study in Canada
- Curriculum Vitae (following the prescribed attached CHED Template)
- Statement of Purpose (following the prescribed attached CHED Template)
- One Letter of Endorsement (following the prescribed attached CHED Template)
- Re-entry Action Plan (following the prescribed attached CHED Template)
- Upon submission of your application documents, you will be given a link through an email to accomplish an Online Application Form. Upon completion of the Online Application Form, you will be notified of the receipt and status of your application to the CBIE-CHED Scholarship for Graduates Studies in Canada.
For more information, visit CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada.