Deadline: September 10, 2017
D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. D-Prize programs produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges?
Each of the following are the categories of the D-Prize Challenges:
- Girl’s Education
- Global Health
- Governance and Infrastructure.
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- D-Prize challenges are open to aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant;
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
The D-Prize judging panel is composed of individuals with professional experience distributing life-changing technologies in the developing world. Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory;
- Focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world;
- Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
- Download and read the application packet
- Prepare your concept note and resume, and clearly name your files. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each;
- Input your contact details and upload your documents to www.d-prize.org/submit
- Submission deadline for early decision round: July 30, 2017 at midnight PT (Pacific Time)
- Regular submission deadline: August 20, 2017 at midnight PT
- Extension deadline (limited to 200 people who register): September 10, 2017 midnight PT
For more information, visit D-Prize Competition.