Facebook offers many opportunities to work with huge amounts of data each and every day. How would you like to work on data AND build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? If so, this is the right job for you. The Enterprise Business Intelligence team works very closely with all aspects of data, both internal and external. They are looking for Data Engineer interns with the mindset to use a variety of tools and platforms to scalably move Petabytes of data across systems and build the core tables needed to perform analysis. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company’s data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives in a company that has some of the most challenging problems to tackle.
- Design, Architect and Develop data solutions to help product and business teams at Facebook make data driven decisions
- Using homegrown ETL framework as well as off-the-shelf ETL tools design, develop and implement data integration processes
- Interface closely with data infrastructure and engineering teams to build and extend cross platform ETL and reports generation framework
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business
Interns are expected to get salary around $6000.
- Pursuing a BS or higher in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics (graduating in 2018)
- Expertise with at least one programming language (preferably Python, Java, Perl or PHP)
- Strong foundation in Database Systems
- Strong analytical skills with passion for data
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Must have school to return to after internship
Eligible Regions: Not Specified