The Rise Fund is partnering with Forbes and Echoing Green to host the first-ever Under 30 Impact Challenge. The competition is open to creative entrepreneurs around the world, under the age of 30, who are driving positive social and environmental impact through successful for-profit enterprises. The winning business will receive up to $500,000 in value and will be awarded at the fourth annual Forbes Under 30 Summit on October 2, 2017, in Boston.
The Rise Fund invests in companies that create a positive impact at scale through their core business operations, such that financial success and meaningful social and environmental impact reinforce one another. Echoing Green catalyzes the impact of emerging social innovators, identifying leaders early in their career and investing in their success by providing seed funding, leadership development, hands-on support and networking opportunities during their fellowship and beyond.
- Investment offer of up to $250,000 USD, comprised of a combination of cash investment and business building support, from The Rise Fund and its affiliates.
- $250,000 USD in-kind media grant from Forbes.
- The winner announcement will be on Monday, October 2, 2017.
- The investment offer will be subject to mutual agreement on investment terms (including investment size and valuation) between the winner and The Rise Fund and its applicable affiliates.
- The in-kind grant will be credited to the winner outright, without any equity consideration.
To be eligible to participate in the competition, an applicant must be:
- 18 years or older at the time of submission.
- An active entrepreneur who is under the age of 30 at the time of the competition (i.e., born after October 2, 1987) who is a founder, co-founder or top executive of their business with the authority to enter this competition on their business’ behalf.
- In the “growth phase” of its business, with either (a) at least 2 full 12-month periods of generating revenue above $100,000 in each period and/or (b) at least $1 million in cumulative revenue since inception.
- In a business that (a) creates a positive social and/or environmental impact as an inherent and intentional part of its core strategy and (b) operates in one or more of the following seven sectors: (1) education, (2) energy, (3) food and agriculture, (4) financial services, (5) growth infrastructure, (6) healthcare, or (7) technology, media, and telecommunications.
- All finalists must be available to travel to Boston, Massachusetts from October 1-4, 2017 at their own cost and expense.
Eligible Regions: Open For All.