Fully Funded UNCCD COP13 Youth Forum in China
Young people are an important force toward the development of a sustainable world.The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) Secretariat recognises the important roles youth play in combating land degradation and promoting sustainable land management (SLM). Empowering young people to protect and restore degraded ecosystems will lead to green innovations that will contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, reaching SDG15.3 land degradation neutrality.
The UNCCD Secretariat invites all young people and youth organisation representatives to apply to speak and participate in the international UNCCD Youth Forum at its 13th Conference of the Parties (COP 13). The theme this year is “Land, youth and sustainability.”
The Forum will be the platform for youth to:
- Voice their commitments toward achieving land degradation neutrality
- Build their capacities and opportunities to work toward combating desertification, land degradation and drought
- Share their experiences in combating desertification
Selected speakers and representatives will receive full funding for international travel, accommodation and daily allowance during the forum.
- be between 18 to 35 years of age
- be volunteers/members for a civil society organisation or network, academic institution, trade or technical institution or UN youth-related education program;
- be authorised officially by their organisation or network to speak on behalf of the organisation or institution (providing a signed letter from the head of organisation or a supervisor)
- have demonstrated the ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders
- be available to be in Ordos, China from 7-10 September 2017
- have a visa for travel to China, or be able to obtain one within 2 weeks.
- agree to produce a daily article/blog for the forum when selected
- be able to communicate in English
Deadline: 26th June 2017