If you’re aged 18 to 25, eager to help make a change to other people’s lives and believe in the importance of the Olympic values, inviting you to take part in our Imagine Peace Youth Camp and become a member of a community of emerging leaders from around the globe!
In partnership with the International Olympic Truce Centre (IOTC) and under the auspices of the United Nations Office on Sport for Development and Peace (UNOSDP), they are organising the third Imagine Peace Youth Camp.
Fifty participants from more than fifteen countries from around the world with different cultural and political backgrounds will come together for one week from 27 August to 2 September 2017 in Ancient Olympia to take part in a series of educational workshops and sports activities that aim to promote equality and peace, and explore the role of sport in the peaceful resolution of conflict.
Participants will be divided into groups of up to seventeen people, which will be balanced in terms of gender and reflect the diversity of participants’ communities. A team of experienced facilitators, volunteers and Olympic champions will facilitate the programme.
- Participants are expected to cover their own international travel costs as well as a participation fee of €500, which includes accommodation, three meals per day, local transportation and all programme and training costs.
- There is a limited amount of assisted places available (based on excellence, accomplishments and drive). The assisted places cover all costs in Greece. The travel costs to and from Greece are excluded.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- between the ages of 18 and 25
- able to communicate in English
- available and fully committed to taking part in the Imagine Peace Youth Camp
- involved in youth or community projects in their own community and be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peace building following the event
- curious, open-minded and appreciative of diversity.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
- Participants will be divided into small groups. A team of experienced facilitators and Olympic Champions will develop and facilitate the programme. Each group will be balanced in terms of gender and reflect the diversity of their communities.
- The Imagine Peace Youth Camp programme will give young people from different parts of the world with different cultural and political background the opportunity to share, explore and reflect on different concepts such as peace, racism and intercultural dialogue through interactive workshops and sports.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2017 (4 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
If you have any questions, please contact with Victoria Kyriaki via email at [email protected]