Deadline: August 15, 2017
Internet Society is accepting applications for the [email protected] Programme 2017. This is part of the Internet Society and partners’ commitment to ensure that the next generation of Internet leaders are primed to advance an Internet of opportunity for all. They are sending young people to the IGF through the 2017 [email protected] programme. Concretely, the top performers will have a chance to go to the Internet Governance Forum 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland, December 18-21, as well as to be part of an Onsite Collaborative Leadership Exchange on December 17.
Based on the success in 2015 and 2016, the programme will continue to empower next generation Internet leaders by:
- Building regional and global capacity through training.
- Building a new cadre of Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage and act within their region and beyond.
- Mobilizing youth beyond IG-specific topics.
- Partnering with more organizations to broaden the depth.
The programme has the following phases:
- Online course work:
The best candidates are selected for the online course. The course will take 4 weeks to complete. Selected participants will be grouped into classes, each with a dedicated expert moderator to facilitate the learning process. Classes will be delivered in English, French and Spanish.
- Travel fellowship to IGF 2017:
Top participants in the online course will be selected for the travel fellowship to the Internet Governance Forum 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland, 16-21 December (including some pre-IGF events). To be a top participant, you must show leadership, commitment and dedication, and have minimum of 90% participation rate on the online courses. The fellowship includes: Airfare costs and hotel accommodation during the event.
- Webinar lecture series
All travel fellows will then be invited to participate in Webinar Discussion Series led by global Internet Governance experts to deepen their knowledge and to prepare them for the IGF.
- Onsite Collaborative Leadership Exchange
The Youth Fellows will participate to an Onsite Collaborative Leadership Exchange meeting in partnership with Internet Society Ambassadors to IGF, Youth Fellows from other programs, and IGF attendees more generally.
All applicants must be ISOC members* between the ages of 18-25 years. *If you are not an ISOC member yet, we welcome you to join their Community!
Also, they must have:
- Basic awareness of Internet-related issues
- Fluency in English, French, or Spanish
- Be able to write clearly
- Be comfortable with public speaking and communicating your positions
- Have regular access to the Internet
- Alignment with the Internet Society Core principles
- Spend a minimum of 8 hours each week during each of the phases
- Be ready take part in the meetings or webinars (this is the single most important requirement and should be evaluated seriously by any potential applicant).
The selection committee is focused on professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
To apply, complete the online application form.
For more information, visit Internet Society’s [email protected] Programme.