Internships at Youth Assembly, United Nations
We are currently accepting applications for 2017 Fall and Winter Internship. We are looking for the university, graduate or young professionals candidates who will assist staff with all aspects of planning for the 2017 Winter Youth Assembly at the United Nations, which will take place from February 1-3, 2017.
Interns must be available to work in our office located in Greenwich, Connecticut, and commit up to 20 hours per week until the end of February. A variety of positions is available to qualified applicants living in the greater New York area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist staff with contacting Permanent Missions to the UN to coordinate group visits
- Help coordinate Permanent Mission visits and briefings during the Youth Assembly
- Contact colleges and universities and set up meetings with interested delegation partners
- Other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- 1-2 years relevant internship and/or work experience preferred
- Experience working with the UN or Permanent Missions to the UN preferred
- Global perspective and strong cultural awareness
- Professional phone and email etiquette
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Multi-tasker; charismatic; driven go-getter, self-motivated
Please send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your resume and at least two (2) references from former professional or academic employers.