UNSSC Peace and Security Internship
The UNSSC Peace and Security Internship in United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) is now accepting applications for Internship at its headquarters in Turin, Italy. UNSSC is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, co-ordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
Post Title: Intern – Peace and Security
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: UNSSC Turin, Italy
Organizational unit: Peace and Security
Remuneration: 450€ per month
Cost and Benefits
The cost of travel, visa, accommodation, vaccines, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of interns. However, UNSSC will facilitate the process of obtaining entry visas for countries of assignment. Before the beginning of the assignment, the selected intern shall also provide UNSSC with a self-certification of good health.
Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450€.
Upon completion of the Internship programme the candidate will be provided with a certificate of attendance.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Manager, Peace and Security and the direct supervision of the Course Coordinator, the Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the “Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments” (SSAFE) programme database
- Contribute to marketing and communications efforts, through the drafting of information pieces and correspondence.
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required, internal discussions and meetings, note taking and report writing, and support Course Coordinator(s) in coordinating and following up with Finance and Administration on e-learning related issues.
- Provide support to e-learning course design, development and delivery.
- Support facilitation of online courses on UNSSC UNKampus and webex, in collaboration with Subject Matter Expert(s) and development vendor(s); Update online courses as per instruction.
- Contribute to record keeping and provide coordination for online learning participants during the delivery of online courses.
- Provide technical support to e-learning development process as required
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Open to candidates currently enrolled in or having completed a higher degree University programme (Masters or other) in learning/instructional design, organization development with specialized knowledge in learning and training/human resources development, or an area related to UNSSC programmatic priorities.
- Previous work experience is not required. Practical experience in the design, development, and delivery of a range of learning products, including e-learning is highly desirable.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English.
- Knowledge of online learning and social media tools; proven ability to use Microsoft Office, internet browsers and online platforms.
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally. Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship Vacancy Announcement 006”
Candidates for the Internship Programme are selected on a competitive basis. Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be short-listed and interviewed. The candidates will be informed of the result of the selection process as soon as it is finalized.