Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition
Program Date: 11th – 15th September 2017
Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC) derives its name from Singapore’s founding prime minister, who developed the country’s defining business plan bringing the Asian city onto the global stage.It is this spirit of intelligence, entrepreneurship, innovation and ambition the competition enshrines as it invites the brightest minds from the world’s most entrepreneurial universities to come together to tackle the challenges of the 21’st century.
The competition is a platform for Singapore to engage with the global innovation & entrepreneurship community, and showcase our innovation capability and ambition to the rest of the world.This year participants are invited to propose innovative technology/data centric products and services that address the opportunities and challenges a smart city faces in the following areas:
- The competition is open to all full time university students (including undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnic students.
- Each team can have at least 2 and up to 5 members, with at least one core member being current university students.
- Each individual member may be a part of only one team. In the event members are part of more than one team, all such teams will be disqualified.
- The competition is for new, independent ventures in the seed, start-up, or early growth stages. Ventures should not exceed more than US$250,000 in gross revenue and have raised not more than US$250,000 in equity funding as at 16th June 2017
- Innovativeness of Business Idea
- Commercial Feasibility
- Impact of Idea – Market, Societal Impact & Sustainability
- Capability to Execute
Teams will participate in intensive startup workshops, attend events featuring prominent entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in Asia, have direct access to acclaimed mentors and visit key innovation hotspots in Singapore.
Deadline: 16th June 2017