Deadline: September 15, 2017
Call for application is on for the Lyfebulb-Novo Nordisk Innovation Summit & Award 2017. The Innovation Summit will bring together Patient Entrepreneurs with venture capitalists, Lyfebulb founders, Novo Nordisk Device R&D leadership, researchers and engineers, in order to spotlight entrepreneurs’ efforts and ideas, and provide professional discussion, direction, and inspiration. This year the summit will give focus to innovations that disrupt the future of diabetes management. The Summit holds from November 6-8, 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Lyfebulb and Novo Nordisk share a common ambition to stimulate high-impact innovation and to help patient entrepreneurs who have founded start-ups be successful. The Lyfebulb–Novo Nordisk Innovation Summit was built on the idea of the Lyfebulb Entrepreneur Circle, which was established in 2015, and features people who either have diabetes or have a close relative or loved one with the disease. They have created a product and/or a company based on issues encountered because of their personal experiences with diabetes. The first Lyfebulb-Novo Nordisk Innovation Summit took place in December of 2016, and the winner of the Award was Brianna Wolin.
- Pitch Competition: The pitch competition brings to the stage emerging Patient Entrepreneurs to pitch their invention or idea to Lyfebulb founders, Novo Nordisk R&D device leadership, researchers and engineers, and venture capitalists. Contestants will respond to a round of Q&A by the judging panel. The top three outstanding Patient Entrepreneurs will receive monetary awards to further develop their ideas:
- 1st Prize: 25,000USD
- 2nd Prize: 15,000USD
- 3rd Prize: 10,000USD
- National and international recognition: Visibility of the selected 10 finalists and the winner in particular;
- Invitation to the Lyfebulb–Novo Nordisk Innovation Summit 2017 in Copenhagen as one of 10 Finalists:
- Travel to and from, and accommodation in Copenhagen, Denmark during the Summit.
- Opportunity to engage with Lyfebulb founders, Novo Nordisk device research leadership, researchers and engineers, and venture capitalists to interact and discuss how together we can disrupt the future of the management of diabetes.
- International Judging Panel: The winner will be chosen by a judging panel made up of international representatives from the diabetes community.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You work on innovative ideas and concepts for better management of diabetes using consumer or medical devices or healthcare IT (drug only innovations are excluded);
- You live with diabetes or have a close relative and/or loved one with diabetes;
- You have the aspiration to develop your project and to deliver the benefit to others suffering from the same burden;
- You have a registered company for developing and commercializing your idea and concepts that the prize money can be award too;
- You can document that there is a sound scientific and medical rationale for the idea;
- You have a strong business case behind the idea.
Begin your application here!
For more information, visit Lyfebulb-Novo Nordisk Innovation Summit.