Deadline: August 4, 2017
The United States Embassy in Montenegro, acting through the Public Affairs Office, is pleased to announce an open competition for the Media Professionalization Assistance Program 2017. The United States Embassy in Podgorica plans to support specific projects and initiatives that facilitate the development of media freedom and journalistic professional standards in Montenegro through grant awards. A total of between two and six grants will be awarded through this program, pending availability of funds.
The program is specifically interested in investigative journalism projects that support reforms in crucial areas, including the rule of law, strengthening of democratic institutions, and the development of human and minority rights. The program is also interested in media literacy projects, aimed at increasing the level of citizens’ understanding of media content, helping them to recognize, properly analyze, and counter media propaganda, fake news and inappropriate media content.
- Grant awards range from $50,000 – $150,000
- Grants are awarded to media registered in Montenegro that adhere to high professional standards in their reporting and have displayed strong organizational skills and trustworthiness or to non-governmental organizations;
- Organizations may only submit one proposal per program.
Guidelines for Application
- The maximum grant period is one year;
- Project proposals must be completed in English and should not be more than 7 pages long;
- Project proposals should include all of the information requested in the Application Form;
- Amounts in the project budget have to be in U.S. dollars and should include local taxes. Important note: Costs incurred before the grant period start date will not be reimbursed;
- Project budgets should only include expenses incurred only on the territory of Montenegro;
- Fees for staff engaged in the project implementation on a regular basis (project manager, project assistant, accountant, etc.) should not exceed 25% of the total project budget;
- The project budget should include bank charges.
- To apply, submit completed application form and all supporting documentation to[email protected]
- Upon submission of an application you will receive a confirmation. Please note that all organizations are encouraged to use the suggested application form. Applications that do not meet minimum standards set forth in application guidelines will not be considered.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday, August 4, 2017 by 17:00 p.m.
For more information, visit Media Professionalization Assistance Program.