The OPEC Fund for International Development OFID is now accepting applications for its 2017/2018 Scholarship. OFID awards its scholarships to qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree. Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
- The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution.
- Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
- A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account.
- OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2017, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
- Step 1: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
- Step 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- Step 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- Step 4: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, Bachelor’s certificate/transcript, acceptance letter into postgraduate program, passport copy and essay.
- Step 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
Deadline: May 1, 2017.