The Rīga Conference has become a unique venue for constructive dialogue on international security issues between leading global decision makers. The event is organized jointly by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation, the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. The ability to facilitate such debates at various levels and with the participation of high level politicians, diplomats, experts, as well as local and international media is a proof of our ability to think and work in a global context attracting key players and facing the issues that affect our societies the most.
This year the Forum will gather young, talented and motivated diplomats, journalists, politicians, and state officials in-the-making from all over the world for three days of spirited discussions and workshops. The Rīga Conference Future Leaders Forum will take place in Riga on September 28 – 30, 2017 alongside one of the leading foreign and security policy forums in Northern Europe – The Rīga Conference 2017.
- The Forum will give unique opportunity for 45 young, talented and motivated diplomats, journalists, politicians, state officials in-the-making for three days to be a part of numberous panel discussions, Night-Owl sessions, multiple workshops and The Riga Conference 2017.
- Forum will cover trending global outlooks on security of European Union, NATO‘s further possible cooperations in the North, Europes Southern neighbourhood and topics including modern terorism and how to fight it.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply and gain international experience by working with high rang policy makers, world known specialists, different field researcher’s and professors and engaging in intelectual discussions.
- Participants will not only gain knowledge and new contacts, but also develop their analytical thinking and ability to provide constructive discussions and applicable solutions for global problems.
- There is no fee for participation at the Forum, however participants must arrange and cover travel costs by themselves.
- Interest in foreign policy and security issues
- Highly motivated and open-minded
- Fully available for the entire program duration
- Fluent in English
- They welcome to apply participants with diverse professional and educational backgrounds who share a strong interest in international relations, security and defence issues.
- Potential participants should be undergraduate or graduate level students, young professionals aged between 20 and 27.
- All applications are subject to evaluation and only selected candidates will participate at the Forum.
Eligible Regions: Open For All
In order to complete your application, please fill in the application form for The Rīga Conference Future Leaders Forum 2017, submit it, and send your opinion about the chosen topic in a short essay form. You will find all of the topics at the end of the application form below.
Application Deadline: August 6, 2017 (19 Days Remaining)