Deadline: August 31, 2017
Samsung India is at the forefront of empowering India’s youth with education through technology. But Samsung’s role does not end here. It goes beyond. Samsung India Electronics Private Limited, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives has instituted the Scholarship Program “Samsung Star Scholar” across Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology for the benefit of the student(s).
The program will award scholarship for student(s) graduating from all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, on the basis of their merit at the Joint Entrance Examination Main (Advanced). The scholarship is available to undergraduate students currently pursuing a B.Tech / Dual Course (B.Tech + M.Tech) at any of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
- Scholarship Candidate(s) are entitled to a maximum scholarship amount of Indian Rupees Two Lakh (Rupees 200,000/-) only per year, towards expenses related to tuition fee, hostel and mess charges.
- The Scholarship Candidate(s) should be first year students, or last year’s scholarship holders, in a full term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) course at the Institute;
- First year Scholarship Candidate(s) will be selected on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced);
- The 2nd Year Scholarship will be determined based on the students’ overall academic performance. Candidates who remain in the Top 50% of their class will continue to get the scholarship for the next year;
- All Scholarship Candidates must be in good standing with the Institute to receive a Samsung Star Scholar support.
- New applicants should download this application form while current recipients who seek renewal of scholarship can download the scholarship renewal form
- Applications must be sent as a hard copy as well as through email.
- Applications should be emailed in .pdf format to [email protected] by the deadline date of August 31, 2017 with all required documents attached.
- Original application form and signed receipts of documents should be sent by Speed Post to:
SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
20th – 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road,
Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India
- August 7, 2017: Forms Availability
- August 31, 2017: Last Date for submission of Application
- September 29, 2017: Scholarship Announcement
For more information, visit Samsung Star Scholar Program.