Scholarships in Climate by Government of Malta Action has opened the course to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course. Scholarships are available in Climate Action. Each scholarship will focus on one of the three key areas recognized as essential pathways for ensuring effective climate action on a national level.
- Mitigation of climate change and the development of a low carbon economy;
- Identifying risks and vulnerability to adapt to climate change and enhance resilience;
- Good governance of climate change.
- Applications should demonstrate a clear intention of returning to their home country at the end of their studies in Malta.
- Applicants are requested to pay the application fee to the University of Malta in order for their application to be considered.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference.
- Applicants for other courses will not be considered for these scholarships. Students who are accepted for the scholarship will not be allowed to shift their research to a different area of study other than that specified in the current call.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree in a discipline related to Sustainable Development or in any other area of study which the Board considers as appropriate, obtained in the ten years previous to registration for the Course. Applicants may be asked to demonstrate competence in those skills required by the nature of the proposed research via an extended interview and the submission of appropriate documentation, provided that where deficiencies are identified applicants shall be required to take specific study-units intended to compensate for the deficit. Applicants are required to present an internationally recognized English Language proficiency Certificate at the required level.
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fees and/or Enrolment fee;
- Health Insurance
- Reimbursement for visa expenses
- A monthly subsistence allowance
- One return journey to the home country
Deadline: 5th May, 2017