The HAN Excellence and Holland Scholarship programme is jointly offered by HAN University of Applied Sciences (HAN-UAS) and the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. Scholarships are granted to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) enrolling for a Bachelors programme in the Netherlands.
The HAN University of Applied Sciences often abbreviated as HAN, is a vocational university of applied sciences with campuses in Arnhem and Nijmegen in the Netherlands. It offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a wide range of subjects.
Applicants require proof of English language proficiency: e.g. TOEFL iBT score of 79 or higher, IELTS score of 6.0 or higher, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship amounts to a yearly award of € 2,500 for the duration of a maximum study period of 4 years, under the condition that you show sufficient study progress (a minimum 75% of credit points achieved and a positive study advice). For the top 20 to 25 ranked applications, an additional amount of € 2,500 will be awarded in the first study year. The ranking is based on motivation, presentation, grades and English level.
Eligibility: Scholarships are granted to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) enrolling for a Bachelors programme in the Netherlands.
Eligible Nationality: International students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: A link to submit your on-line application will be placed on this page on 1 April 2017. You fill out the application and submit it together with a number of required items before 1 May 2017. Below find a description of the required items that must accompany your digital application, so that you can already have these prepared in advance.
- Your (provisional) admission letter of the HAN
- A motivation letter in which you explain why you will be a successful HAN student
- A short video of yourself of max. 3 minutes in which you address the following questions:
a) Describe yourself and the areas in which you consider yourself to excel.
- b) If your former teachers or your friends would tell us about you, what would they say?
- c) Tell us about your chosen study programme at the HAN.
- d) If working in a team, based on your personality and/or experience, what role would you have and why?
- e) What are your career ambitions and, professionally speaking, what and where will you be ten years from now?
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)