Deadline: 10 May 2017 (annual)
Study in: Italy
Course starts AY 2017/2018
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE) for the Academic Year 2017-2018. The scholarships are offered for the following type of courses:
- Second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM); Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona; Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR); Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
The scholarships are offered to carry out study, training and research projects in Italian Higher Education Institutes (State-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State authorities)
Field(s) of Study:
Eligible field(s) of study offered by participating Italian Universities.
Students from countries included in the Recipient Country List.
- The scholarship duration can be three, six, or nine months.
- Normally, the scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. However the Universities, as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption. Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
- For the sole period of the scholarships granted by the Italian Government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident. Air tickets are not granted, except for Chilean citizens.
- Detailed information regarding the scholarship offer, can be requested to the Italian Embassy or Italian Cultural Institute in the applicant’s country of citizenship.
1. Academic qualifications
- Foreign students or IREs may apply if they have the academic qualifications required for enrolling in the institution chosen.
2. Age limits
- Candidates may apply if aged between 18 and 36 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. For those who apply for the first year of a PhD program the maximum age limit is 33 years on the expiry date of this call for applications. Candidates may apply for training/refresher courses for Italian language teachers if aged between 18 and 45 years on the expiry date of this call for proposals.
3. Language skills and proficiency
- Candidates shall submit a certificate showing their knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language, starting from the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The knowledge of the Italian language is not required for enrolling in the university courses fully provided in English.
- Applications shall be sent only electronically, by accessing the “Portale borse online” from the MAECI website. All online applications must be submitted by midnight (Italian time) on 10 May 2017.
- It is important the read the 2017/2018 Call for Applications.
Visit Official Scholarship Webpage for more details to access the online application form and for detailed information.
Now that all the information about Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study in Italy can apply now.