Deadline: October 15, 2017
The Science by Women Program is currently requesting for applications for visiting senior research fellowships in Spanish Centers of Excellence. Following the success of 1st and 2nd Edition, the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through its women, is launching the 3rd Edition of Science by Women programme, with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The main goal is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in Health and biomedicine, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change, mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies as well as Economic Sciences so as to impact on people’s lives.
To achieve this ambitious goal, FMxA collaborates with the Spanish Centres of Excellence, whose prestige is unanimously recognized throughout Spain and internationally, thereby ensuring excellence in scientific research in various fields. The associated research centres are in this 3rd edition are:
- The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
- The Spanish National Centre for Biotechnology (CNB)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (ICMAT)
- The Centre for Genomic Regulation
- The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Vall d’Hebron Institut de Recerca (VHIR)
- Institute for Neuroscience (IN)
- Kronikgune Research Center
- Biocruces (bc)
Each of the ten centres will host 1 senior woman researcher for a six-month fellowship.
- Selected candidates will receive training and integration in a dynamic, multidisciplinary and highly competitive working team, where they will be able to develop their research projects and acquire complementary skills, empowering them to transfer their research results into tangible economic and social benefits.
- This fellowship program and call for applications are open to all African women researchers interested in science, technology and innovation.
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience.
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated.
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience.
- Solid working knowledge of English.
- Proven experience leading a research group.
For more information, visit Women in Science.