Society Without Violence NGO is looking for a highly qualified person to coordinate a project relating to the UNSCR 1325 and 1820 implementation in Armenia and local peacebuilding initiatives. The SWV NGO’s mission is to educate and empower girls and women, promote gender equality and raise the awareness of the public, advocate for women’s representation and participation in all levels of decision making and peace building processes, contribute to the elimination of gender based stereotypes, discrimination and violence, and increase the responsibility and accountability of duty bearers to protect and fulfill women’s rights.
The organization was founded in 2001. Since its establishment the organization has been implementing projects focused on women’s empowerment, young girls’ public awareness and participation raise, promotion of social activism and leadership skills as well as contribution to the formation of women human rights defenders’ institutional system.
- Coordinate project activities on daily basis
- Build partnership with relevant stakeholders and partners of the project
- Work with contract based experts
- Organize formal presentations, trainings and other events
- Prepare narrative and evaluation reports to be submitted to the project director
- Report back to the project director in any phase of the project implementation
- University Degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, Political science, Human Rights) or a related field;
- Good understanding of Women, Peace and Security Agenda, UNSCR 1325 and 1820, related international instruments and national policies;
- Experience communicating with governmental, non- governmental organizations and other relevant stakeholders is preferred;
- Gender sensitivity and knowledge of gender issues;
- Experience or interest in peacebuilding processes and conflict resolution;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Armenian;
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills;
- Strong inter-personal communication skills and self-awareness;
- Ability to work independently within strategic priorities;
- Excellent prioritization and time-management skills;
- Good team player with proven networking and capacity-building skills.
The applicants should send the following to [email protected] writing the position title in the subject line.
- 2 reference CONTACTS from the previous workplaces
- A one page motivation letter
The organization urges applicants to send their applications as soon as possible. Only the short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.
For more information, visit Society Without Violence Project Coordinator.