The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) who have applied to the George Washington University for Fall 2018 admission. (Current GW graduate students are not eligible for this fellowship). The fellowship is intended for GW graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries, returning to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at GW.
- Three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded for 2018-19
- The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses and must provide certification of this support
- A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates
- A grantee must submit renewal materials for the Fellowship each year; renewal is contingent upon the grantee’s grades (GPA of 3.0 or better)
- The Fellowship is valid for one degree only.
- Fellowships apply to the fall and spring semesters.
- Awards for the summer sessions are by petition only and subject to available funding
- This fellowship is for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country
- Current GW graduate students are not eligible for this fellowship
- Students holding or intending to apply for an F-1 visa (J-1 visa is eligible for Fulbright applicants only. Note that other visa types are not eligible)
- As part of the admissions process, applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
Eligible Regions: China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R. Successor States, Vietnam