Applications are invited for Toyota Foundation grants for undertaking research projects. The target countries of this program are East and Southeast Asia.
The grant program focuses on deepening mutual understanding and knowledge-sharing among people on the ground in East and Southeast Asia who are finding solutions to shared issues.
Through promoting direct interaction among key players, the grant program aims to survey and analyze situations in target countries, obtain new perspectives, and expand the potential of future generations.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Grants includes 100 million yen:
- One-year project: JPY 5,000,000 (approx. USD 44,500);
- Two-year project: JPY 10,000,000 (approx. USD 89,000)
Applicants, including the project representative and members, must be:
- Individuals in multiple target countries with practical experience in such areas as conducting research, carrying out activities, producing creative works, and making policy proposals.
- A team or broad network extending to multiple target countries that is composed of members such as practitioners, project participants, researchers, creators, policy makers, and journalists and other media representatives.
- Capable of carrying out a project with a diverse network of participants across multiple target countries.
Eligible Regions: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, South Korea, Taiwan, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.