1776 Challenge Cup
1776 Challenge Cup is now accepting Challenge Cup applications through 1776’s UNION network, a digital platform that offers your startup access to pitch-coaching, industry advice, and key connections with the right people to help you scale in your industry. Each applicant will receive access to UNION for the duration of their time in the competition.
One winner will be selected from each Challenge Cup Local to compete in the Global Finals at Challenge Festival in New York City. These startups will have the opportunity to share their ideas on a global stage and compete for grand prizes. At Challenge Festival, competing startups will have the opportunity to participate in mentor hours, curriculum and pitch coaching as well as make direct connections to potential funders, clients, experts, and 75 of the top startup peer-founders from around the world.
All startups must meet these criteria in order to apply to compete in Challenge Cup.
- Sector — Your startup must be working within one of these critical industries or emerging technologies such as Cities, Education, Energy, Food, Health, Money, Security, Transportation, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics/Automation
- For-profit — Your startup must be a for-profit business.
- Scalability — Your startup must offer a scalable product or service and be in a market with measurable traction
- Stage — Your startup must be beyond “idea stage.” Having a pilot program or an MVP in market is required. While traction may be limited, there should be identifiable traction post-launch.
- Funding — Your startup must have under $2.5MM USD in venture funding at the time of application.
- Revenue — Your startup must have less than $3MM USD in revenue booked to date.
- Location — Your startup does not need proof of regional affiliation. (If you’re based in Miami but want to compete in Dublin, go for it).
- Local level
- Through 1776’s UNION network, all competitors in Challenge Cup Locals will have access to expert advice, accelerator curriculum, pitch coaching and the ability to network with startup competitors around the world for the duration of their time in the competition.
- One (1) winner from each Local competition will advance to the Global Finals, held during the Challenge Festival in New York City from November 13-17, 2017. The winning startup will receive:
- One flight and hotel package to attend and participate in the Global Finals.
- Publicity via the 1776 website, social media channels and newsletter.
- Global Finals level
One winner from each Challenge Cup Local will travel to New York City to compete in the Global Finals at the Challenge Festival. These startups will have the opportunity to share their ideas on a global stage and compete for grand prizes. All competitors will receive:
- A round trip ticket and hotel stay in New York City to compete in the Global Finals at Challenge Festival.
- Exclusive access to 1776’s UNION network, connecting thousands of entrepreneurs, mentors, experts, investors, and startup ecosystems worldwide.
- Onsite programming at Challenge Festival as well as direct connections to potential funders, clients, mentors and 75 of the top startup founders from around the world.