Deadline: September 30, 2017
The call for applications for the 3rd Foscolo Europe Top-Up Fellowship competition is now open. UniCredit & Universities Foscolo Foundation offers two 3-year top-up fellowships in economics and financial subjects to be assigned to the two best departments or research institutes in Economics or Finance participating to the PhD job markets (US job market or any equivalent organization in Europe) in 2017/18.
It has become progressively difficult for the best European institutions to compete with US institutions that offer attractive arrangements that enable early career researchers to focus on their research. The availability of 3-year top-up post-doctoral fellowships would go towards levelling the playing field by enabling also the European Universities to offer best new graduates on the job market a competitive package. By offering such top-up fellowships, an institution can greatly enhance its ability to recruit best talents. The main objective of this fellowship is to attract and retain outstanding PhD graduates in Europe, who might otherwise choose to begin and develop their career overseas.
- UniCredit & Universities Foundation awards €50,000 gross per year to each winning department for 3 years, for a total amount of €150,000 gross.
- This top-up fellowship complements the salary and contractual terms of the standard tenure track assistant professorships and is awarded to each institution at the same time as a recruitment for such positions.
- The competition is open to all departments in Economics or Finance (or related fields) from any universities or research institutes of the EU countries where UniCredit operates. (14 countries of the UniCredit perimeter)
- Applicants should also participate in PhD programmes in 2017/18 in order to offer a tenure track position or post-doc position to outstanding PhD students.
- All university departments or research institutes must apply online.
- Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A description of the department applying to the competition with special emphasis on the governance of the international recruitment process.
- One report of the department track record with the post-docs/assistant professors employed in the last 5 years, including their updated CVs, with particular attention to international hiring.
- Description of the department strategy, which must include information on the salary and other contractual terms that will be offered to the job market candidate to be complemented by the Foundation fellowship.
- A declaration of consent to handling of the candidate departments’ data pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003.
- Documentation accompanying the application must be submitted exclusively online in PDF format and must be written in English.
For more information, please visit Top-Up Fellowship.