Deadline: September 1, 2017
Accenture invites startups, life sciences companies and healthcare organizations to tackle the world’s biggest healthcare issues. The HealthTech Innovation Challenge is part of Accenture’s broader HealthTech Innovation program—which will also include acceleration and venture opportunities, innovation labs and more. Through it they support innovative technologies and drive creative solutions to improve the way people access and manage healthcare.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
They want to solve some of the biggest issues in healthcare in the following areas:
- Help Me Better Manage My Health
- Help Me Get Better Faster
- Help Me Have Better and Easier Access to Healthcare
- Help Keep My Information Private and Secure
Innovation Champions receive:
- The opportunity to identify and engage with cutting-edge startups with a focus on solving healthcare and life sciences problems
- Network with peers, investors and leading influencers
- Access to the StartUp Health Festival (invite only) during the JP Morgan Healthcare Investor conference in San Francisco
- Media exposure as a partner to the program
- The opportunity to build deeper relationships with dynamic industry-shapers and industry innovators; including collaboration and co-innovation
Selected applicants will be invited to compete in one of their regional rounds in Singapore, Boston or London where they will be judged by an esteemed panel of leading life sciences and healthcare company executives and members of the investment community.
The finalists will be invited to compete in San Francisco at the StartUp Health Festival on Monday, January 8, 2018.
The application process is open to all companies, regardless of size, provided you meet the following criteria:
- You are a growth stage company where access to executives at large, established life sciences and health companies is critical to your business.
- You have, at a minimum, a beta product to demonstrate and are prepared to share access to program partners under NDA (and where reasonable for no additional cost).
- If selected as one of the finalists, you can attend the StartUp Health Festival final event in San Francisco on Monday, January 8, 2018 to present your solution.
- You can demonstrate that access to senior-level executives in the life sciences and/or healthcare ecosystem will have a meaningful impact on your growth.
- Submissions will be reviewed by Accenture and judged for suitability. Access to all submissions will be available to judges.
- Promising startups will be invited to attend one of the regional pitching rounds as indicated in the submission form.
- At the regional pitching rounds, there will be a workshop in which finalists will participate and have the opportunity to pitch to our judging panel.
- If chosen as a finalist, startups will be invited to pitch in person to the full panel of judges at the StartUp Health Festival on January 8, 2018 in San Francisco.
- Select startups will be offered the opportunity to participate in StartUp Health’s Launchpad program. Acceptance is discretionary.
- Following the final judging, Accenture will facilitate collaboration sessions with the judge’s organization with the aim of shaping new business for the startups.
Practical experience with Accenture’s Innovation Architecture and design-thinking approach