The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) together with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) invites submissions of unpublished original research papers looking at the topic of trade adjustment. They are looking for solid empirical research papers with a policy orientation. They welcome manuscripts that focus on Asian and Latin America and the Caribbean economies.
They invite submission of papers dealing with but NOT limited to the following topics:
- Theme 1: Adjustment to trade: empirical papers that study the adjustment to trade integration (broadly defined to include significant changes in trade patterns) for sectors, firms and/or workers (including aspects of wage inequality and political economy).
- Theme 2: Challenges to trade adjustment: empirical papers that analyze frictions in the reallocation of resources, particularly in the labor market, that raise the costs of adjustment to trade shocks (e.g. labor market frictions, labor mobility frictions, etc.).
- Theme 3: Evaluation of trade adjustment policies: empirical papers that evaluate trade adjustment policies. The trade adjustment policies analyzed can be targeted towards entire sectors, firms or certain types of labor (e.g. unskilled labor).
- The selected papers will be presented along invited contributions at a conference that will be hosted by ADBI in Tokyo, on 16-17 November, 2017.
- ADBI and IDB will cover participation costs for one presenter of every accepted paper, who must be a citizen of a ADB or IDB member country.
- A recognized expert in the field will comment upon each paper. Papers selected for the conference will be invited to be considered for publication in a special volume edited in the framework of the aforementioned ADBI-IDB-WTO research initiative, and subject to a regular refereeing process.
- Open for all researchers from ADB or IDB member country
Submissions with brief author bios should be emailed to: [email protected]
- Deadline for submission of complete papers: 15 July 2017
- Decisions by academic committee on submissions: 15 August 2017
- Conference date: 16-17 November 2017