ASEAN Youth Empowerment Program
ASEAN Youth Empowerment Program in 2017 (AYIEP) will be held in Yogyakarta, July 23rd – 29th 2017, organized by ASEAN Studies Center Universitas Gadjah Mada (ASC). As the ASEAN’s research studies in faculty level, ASC will support the faculty and university concern in galvanizing partnerships and contributing to the international community, as well as supporting the ongoing regional integration on ASEAN Community. Therefore, ASC initiates Summer Program, the 2nd ASEAN Youth Empowerment Program in 2017 (AYIEP) as one of its alternatives to reach its goals.
AYIEP is a summer program consists of a set of activities to provide deep understanding and support initiatives of student and youth around ASEAN countries, related to the empowering ASEAN young future leaders and introducing current issues in ASEAN. The program includes Public Lecture, Digital Visitation, Working Group as well as Excursion.
- Between the ages of 17 and 25 at the time of application.
- A citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos,Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Youth outside ASEAN countries are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Applicant is having an interest in related issues on the program: digital diplomacy,digital activism, and digital citizenship issues.
- Applicant is willing to work in team during the program.
- Applicant is having willingness to share the knowledge in their home country as a post program output.
ASEAN Studies Center had decided upon three important subthemes to represent the diversity and the dynamism of ASEAN member states, these subthemes are seen to be paramount as part of the development and integration of the ASEAN community as mentioned above. These sub-themes are reflecting the implications of incorporated values which are being hold by ASEAN as an organization;
Addressing the problems and issues in ASEAN through ASEAN framework from distinguished speakers.
Learn and discuss more about the ideas, programs, and management directly from various organization and communities.