Atlas Corps Fellowship in USA
Atlas Corps fellowship in USA is for the world’s best nonprofit leaders. Our mission is to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals. The Atlas Corps Fellowship typically lasts 12-18 months. (For those serving in the United States, opportunities start in January, May, September.) Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations, develop leadership skills, and learn nonprofit best practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows who are skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world. This prestigious fellowship includes health insurance, enrollment in Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab, flight and visa costs, and a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local transportation, and shared housing).
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Age 35 or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
The U.S. Fellowship begins in January, May, and September. Each Fellowship begins with a one-week orientation program and a one-week Global Leadership Lab immersion, followed by 49 weeks at your Host Organization. In some cases, Fellows may do a six-month Fellowship, which would only have 23 weeks at the Host Organization. Fellowships may be extended by their Host Organization for up to six months.
What does the Fellowship provide?
- Program-related international travel (U.S. Fellows only)
- Program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (shared housing, food, local transportation)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Placement at a Host Organization
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (nonprofit management training series)
Deadline: 19th June 2017