British Council Free English Courses for the Workplace
British Council Online Courses are offered to teach English language for the workplace. This course is aimed at non-native English speakers who have studied English to at least pre-intermediate level (approximately A2 on the CEFR).The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support students to learn English which can help them to get a job and successfully function in the workplace.
This course is for people who are learning English and who are interested in developing English language skills for employability and workplace contexts. It will help job seekers and young professionals with the English they need.
Duration: 4 Weeks
Benefits for British Council Online Courses
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Each week, we’ll focus on key aspects of English for the workplace. You’ll watch videos and listen to audio recordings of people searching and applying for jobs, preparing for interviews, taking interviews, starting their new job, and working with new colleagues. Our experienced tutor will examine some of the language used and will draw your attention to useful points that will help you improve your English in workplace contexts.
How To Join British Council Online Courses
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)
Deadline: 13th November 2017