Deadline: September 7, 2017
Registration is now open to attend Café Scientifique Nigeria in Lagos, Nigeria, with the theme, “Science, Art, Religion, and Underdevelopment in Africa: Paradigm Shift.” The Café Scientifique is aimed at improving the scientific literacy of the Nigerian Society through public engagement with topics of relevance to Nigeria.
Café Scientifique Nigeria is a social development initiative, coordinated by the Rouleaux Foundation, a private, scientific, not for profit organization in Nigeria, with the aim of promoting science for sustainable development in Africa. The Cafe is primarily a multidisciplinary Science-Technology- Society, STS initiative that encourages the public to explore and engage with experts on both old and new ideas in science and technology blended with the art and socio-cultural peculiarities vis-à-vis concerns of their society. The idea is simply to talk about science in a non-academic setting, emphasizing engagements around behaviors, beliefs, and way of thinking of a people impacting the extension the frontiers of development.
- Registration and admittance into the event is free.
- Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including any travel or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you.
Who Can Attend
- Anyone can participate in this event.
- Members of the public who are interested in sciences but never have the opportunity to discuss their views can attend.
- To attend the event, first register online before September 7, 2017
- The event is scheduled to hold on September 16, 2017
- Time: 10:00AM – 01:00PM Nigerian Time GMT+1
- Venue: Co-creation Hub 294 Herbert Macaulay Road Yaba, Lagos Nigeria
For more information, visit Rouleaux Foundation.