Deadline: July 24, 2017
The Caribbean Youth Leaders’ Summit is the premier transformational youth leadership development event within the Caribbean region. It is convened by the Caribbean Regional Youth Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information (MoEYI) in Jamaica, Sir Arthur Lewis Institute for Social and Economic Studies (SALISES) of the University of the West Indies, The United Nations Population Fund and other key public and private stakeholders to celebrate Caribbean Youth Day on September 30. The Summit is scheduled for September 30 – October 3, 2017 in Runaway Bay, Jamaica under the theme, “Re-routing our GPS: Governance, Peace & Security.”
Between 150 – 200 participants are expected from across the Caribbean region and the wider world to offer speeches, research papers, training workshops, assessments of good practice and cultural presentations at the Summit. The Summit aims to provide a unique opportunity for young leaders, youth development practitioners, academics and policymakers to meet together to discuss research and programming priorities and capacity building workshops for youth in the Agenda 2030: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- All successful participants will be given partial funding which will cover conference package, materials, accommodation, local transportation, catering & hospitality;
- All participants are required to cover their airfare, transit cost and any any visa cost incurred. Applicants must bear this in mind when applying; and should they be successful, will have a limited time-frame to book their tickets and prove their availability to attend the full conference.
CARICOM nationals not required a visa to travel to Jamaica. Should you be a citizen of a non-CARICOM member state, please ensure that you check with your Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the necessary information on travel to Jamaica.
- All Caribbean youth leaders aged 18 – 29 are eligible for participation in the Summit;
- Applicants outside of the region are welcomed to apply; but must be mindful that priority will be given to Caribbean applicants.
- To apply, complete the online form. Application will close on Monday, July 24, 2017 at 12 midnight (UTC/GMT-5).
For more information, visit Caribbean Youth Leaders’ Summit.