Deadline: December 1, 2017
Applications are open for the 2018 Emma Bowen Foundation Fellowship Program. The Fellowships prepare students for careers in the Business of Media, Content of Media, and Innovation of Media. Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, or in any other career in the media or tech industry, the Emma Bowen Fellowship is here to help you get your start.
If you are selected for the fellowship program, you will begin working in May or June of 2018. As an employee, they will expect you to be a conscientious, dependable team player. You will be expected to work at your sponsoring company every summer for a minimum of eight consecutive weeks (40-hour workweek) until graduation from college.
You will also be expected to participate in all Foundation activities for which you are eligible including their summer conference and the Link Mentoring Initiative. As a student, you will be required to maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average during college to remain in the program.
The Emma Bowen Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is building a more diverse media and tech industry by recruiting promising students of color like you and placing them in multi-year paid internships at some of the America’s leading companies.
You are eligible for an Emma Bowen Fellowship if you:
- Are a student of color (African-American, Asian-American, Latino, or Native American);
- Are a graduating high school senior OR college student;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0;
- Are interested in pursuing a career in the media industry;
- Plan to attend or are currently a student at a four-year accredited college or university;
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Applications to the Emma Bowen Foundation Fellowship are accepted on a rolling basis. The application has a few key components:
They may ask for additional information subsequently for further consideration. You will receive an e-mail from the Foundation as soon as the selection process has been completed if you have not been selected.