Deadline: October 31, 2017
Do you like travelling to exciting places? Would you like to meet and connect with fascinating people, revealing and telling their, often unreported, stories? Enter the Faces2Hearts Worldwide Blogging Competition now and become one of four bloggers to travel across Africa, Latin America or Asia-Pacific for 5 months to discover projects that change people’s lives for the better, supported by the European Union.
The competition is a worldwide experience that will take winners across 3 continents. They will discover projects that change peoples’ lives for the better, supported by the EU. And they will reveal the often unreported stories of the fascinating people they meet – stories of positive change and hope.
Faces2Hearts is a journey to the hearts of people. It is about the people that the bloggers encounter along their journey, the environments and communities they discover. The bloggers will go beyond faces or stereotypes to reveal compelling stories to the world, stories of positive change, often unreported, stories inspired by projects funded by the European Union: the largest development donor in the world.
- The 4 selected winners will be invited to Brussels for training and briefing on the journey in late 2017. They will each receive an equipment package for their journey, which they can keep. During the first half of 2018 they will undertake a 5-month journey of discovery visiting a range of EU-funded development projects;
- Each winner will travel and discover stories within his or her own region (West & Central Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific), except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa;
- All four winners will be supported by international development professionals on the ground during their journeys. Exact travel dates and itineraries will be arranged and communicated in due time to the winners. Travel between countries will be arranged for them, but the individual journeys will be largely planned and undertaken on their own initiative within a predefined and sufficient budget;
- The project will culminate at the European Development Days 2018 (EDD2018) in Brussels, where our all 4 winners will share their stories. Travel, accommodation and reasonable expenses for participation at EDD2018 will also be covered.
- 21 – 31 years old and free to travel for the first half of 2018?
- An engaging storyteller, a creative mind and a good relater of emotions?
- A self-sufficient, responsible and resourceful traveler?
- An adventurer – willing to try and discover new things?
- A lover of social and human interaction?
- A sensitive listener to people’s stories?
- A skilled multimedia user (photography, video, social media, writing)?
- Fluent in spoken and written English and, according to the region you are coming from, fluent in spoken and written Spanish or French?
If so you could apply for the competition.
- Applying is easy! First think about yourself and a human story that touched your heart. Make a short video in English – no more than 60 seconds long – telling organizers about the story and why you are right face for this adventure – be original and inspire them! If you can touch their hearts – you could be a winner!
- When you are good to go with your video, upload it to YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion and fill in the mandatory application form – including the link to your video – click ‘submit’ and you are done!
- Now show off your social media skills and promote your video with posts on your social media accounts. So, tell your followers, friends and family now! Don’t forget to tag your posts with #Faces2Hearts!
The closing date for applications to Faces2Hearts is October 31, 2017. Don’t wait – Apply now!
For more information, visit Faces2Hearts Worldwide Blogging Competition.