Fully Funded Schwarzman Scholars Program in China
Schwarzman Scholars has opened their global application for the third cohort of young leaders. The highly selective, fully-funded scholarship program is designed to ensure that the next generation of business, political, and civil society leaders can effectively serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world. Anchored in an 11-month professional Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing’s prestigious Tsinghua University, the Schwarzman Scholars experience encompasses unparalleled opportunities inside and outside the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, practical training/internships, and travel seminars around China. Scholars will learn about the emergence of China as an economic and political force from world‐class faculty from leading institutions and guest speakers at the state‐of‐the‐art Schwarzman College. The dynamic core curriculum offers the choice of concentrations in public policy, international studies, or business and economics.
The scholarship aims to build a professionally diverse cohort each year and welcomes undergraduates, graduates, and young professionals up to age 28 of any citizenship who are proficient in English and have obtained an undergraduate degree. A Schwarzman Scholar should demonstrate extraordinary leadership potential, the ability to anticipate paradigm changes, strong intellectual capacity, and exemplary character. Eligible applicants from any field are invited to apply.
The extraordinary students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees;
- Room and board;
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year;
- An in-country study tour;
- Required course books and supplies;
- Lenovo laptop and smartphone;
- Health insurance;
- A personal stipend of $3,500.
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent;
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by August 1, 2018 before orientation begins. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study;
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2018;
- English language proficiency.
Deadline: 28th September 2017