Fully Funded Young Water Fellowship Program 2017 in Belgium
The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle-income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
The fellowship is organised by Young Water Solutions, an international non-profit organisation aiming to develop and support the potential of young people to contribute to universal water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and water resources management. They do so by empowering young leaders, providing them with the tools to carry out water projects in their communities. They promote an integrated approach, through their projects they often address interlinked challenges such as climate change adaptation, reforestation, youth unemployment and food security.
- Applicants must be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application;
- Have a water project idea to contribute to the solution of a WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene), water pollution or water scarcity problem;
- Be a resident from this list of low and mid-income countries;
- Be the founder or co-founder of the project idea you’re proposing;
- The project must not have been implemented yet, although new phases of pilot projects are accepted;
- Be able to attend a workshop in Belgium in November 2017, and cover your personal costs from your residency to the; airport and back (the rest of the travel expenses are covered);
- Be able to cover your visa expenses. Organisers will provide an invitation letter;
- Be able to communicate in English ( the intermediate level at least).
- Fellows will attend a one-week workshop in Brussels and will be trained by experts in IWRM, Project Management, Monitoring and evaluation tools, Leadership, Water and Gender, Social entrepreneurship, SDG 6;
- Fellows will be assigned a mentor according to their needs, who will provide technical support throughout the whole life-cycle of the project;
- Fellows will be provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 to implement their projects.
Deadline: 1st August 2017