Future Innovators Summit 2017 in Linz, Austria
Program Date: 7-11 September, 2017
Venue: Linz, Austria
Following its successful premiere at Ars Electronica Festival 2014, and subsequent inspirational editions in 2015 and 2016, the Future Innovators Summit (FIS) has established itself as a dynamic think-tank and key program within Ars Electronica Festival. Now in its fourth year, Future Innovators from different cultures and backgrounds and from different fields such as artists, designers, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, social activists and philosophers will gather in September in Linz to explore new ways of collective brainstorming and creative prototyping on the crucial questions of the future.
Are you the next Future Innovators of 2017?
Expanding on the creative questions from Future Innovators Summit 2016, we are searching for people who have conceptual ideas to respond to the questions of 2017, who can imagine alternative future scenarios and who have the skills to tackle the challenges involved in responding to a creative question and presenting the responses to the festival audience.
Previous FIS editions have shown that the Mentorship element was extremely valuable and all participating Mentors were inspirational initiators for the Innovators – and vice versa. In a dynamic environment, innovators and young professionals will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and ask leading experts for advice.
Mentors in 2016 included: Hiroshi Ishii (Professor at MIT MediaLab), Geeta Mehta (Professor at Columbia University), Oliviero Toscani (photographer), Joachim Sauter (founding member and Head of Design at ART+COM), Alexander Mankowsky (futurologist at Daimler) as well as Robert Madelin (EU-Commission/ Senior Advisor for Innovation).
How to apply
This year, FIS is focusing on the following themed groups under which you can apply:
- Future Humanity
- Future Work
- Future Home
To apply for the Future Innovators Summit, we ask you to prepare the following materials:
- Short biography (max. 200-300 words) incl. photo in high resolution (min. 1 MB) and contact information
- Video (max. 3 min) in which you present your response to the questions and your motivation for taking part in the Future Innovators Summit at Ars Electronica Festival 2017- and eventually mention which of the three main topics you are interested in.
- Materials that reflect your ideas and response to the questions (artwork and project, prototype, research, system, activity, strategy etc.)
All selected applicants will be invited to Ars Electronica Festival, September 7-11, 2017 and will receive the following benefits:
- Travel & accommodation
- Full festival pass including Ars Electronica Gala ticket
- Participation in networking dinner and events
Deadline: 17th July, 2017