Deadline: July 5, 2017
SENA and UN-Habitat have launched the call for applications for the Global Urban Peace Labs programme. This is a grant program that will make an enormous contribution to the peace building process and will provide a platform for young people to develop their potential to serve as catalysts, implementer’s and partners in building a peaceful, more productive and resilient Colombia.
This will be achieved not only through the demobilization of former youth combatants part of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia but also providing opportunities to SENA apprentices and the victims of the armed conflict to provide models towards contributing to peace and resilience in Colombia.
Are you a youth-led organization in Colombia or a Servicio Nacional De Aprendizaje (SENA) apprentice or alumni? Does your organization have an innovative youth leadership model or idea on promoting peace and resilience in cities in Colombia? Is your youth-led organization non-political and non-religious? Does your project aim to promote peace through, but not limited to;
- Improving the livelihood of the community and target groups?
- Creating jobs or promoting entrepreneurship towards peace and resilience?
- Providing ICT driven solutions towards peace building and resilience?
- Building peace and resilience through research and training?
- Sports and development or creating safe spaces for dialogue towards peace building and resilience?
- Building peace and resilience through Art and Culture?
- Encouraging/involving youth in governance and governance structures?
Does your project have a keen focus on reintegrating Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) members or integrating vulnerable communities and target groups including young women and men in difficult conditions?
Then, Servicio Nacional De Aprendizaje (SENA) and United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN-Habitat) have a great platform for you!
- For SENA apprentices and alumni please submit your ideas and models here on or before 6th July 2017 to be eligible for a grant.
- For non-SENA apprentices and alumni please submit your ideas and models here on or before 6th July 2017 to be eligible for a grant.
- For non-SENA apprentices and alumni please remember to attach the necessary documents to the indicated email addresses including the the budget
Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page which will guide you through the application requirements.
For more information, visit Colombia Urban Youth Fund project