Government of Malta Scholarships applications are open for the Palestinian Students. These scholarships are available to pursue postgraduate degree in the fields of Humanitarian Action and Cultural Heritage Management.
The aim of the scholarships is the formation of young Palestinian professionals in two key areas which have become increasingly recognized as critical pillars for the creation of a more sustainable future for Palestine, namely humanitarian action, and cultural heritage.
These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fees and/or Enrolment fee.
- Health Insurance to cover a premium up to a maximum of EUR 500 per year. Students will be guided on this and other arrangements upon arrival.
- Reimbursement for the obligatory Health Test to be carried out in Malta as required for the processing of the Residence Permit. (Information about the health test that will be carried out upon arrival in Malta.
- A monthly subsistence allowance amounting to EUR 1000 per month to be used towards accommodation, living, transport and academic expenses and any other expenses that may arise. The monthly subsistence allowance will be payable for the published duration of the full-time programme without any extensions.
- One return journey to Palestine the cost of which is capped at EUR 1000. Any additional trips or travel costs higher than this amount will have to be covered by the student.
- Two scholarships will be awarded – one for the candidate selected for the Master of Arts in Humanitarian
- Action and another one for the candidate selected for the Master of Arts in Cultural Heritage Management.
- The scholarship holders will be requested to attend the Orientation Programme that is organized for all new international students joining the University of Malta. This will be held on September 27, 2017.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants should be Palestinian Nationals, are currently residing in Palestine and show a clear intention to return to Palestine at the end of their studies in Malta.
- Candidates employed in public office in Palestine, or working actively with NGOs in Palestine, will be preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who would be unable to attend the programme without the scholarship.
- The scholarship holder will be requested to enter into an agreement with the University of Malta for the duration of his studies in Malta, which agreement will be binding in terms of the observation of rules and regulations of the host University and host country, to seriously engage in full-time studies, register monthly progress with his academic tutor/coordinator and complete the set programme within the established time-frame.
Eligible Regions: Palestine.
Applicants can apply via email.
- Applicants need to have submitted their application online and provided copies of their academic qualifications and all other requested documentation to the University of Malta by the 20July 2017.
- Applicants are requested to pay the application fee to the University of Malta in order for their application to be considered. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference. These are to be submitted as signed and scanned copies to the attention of the Director, International Office by email at: international-at-um.edu.mt. The covering message is to include reference to the application code generated by the online application and should also be submitted by the 20th July 2017. Documents that are submitted after the deadline cannot be considered.
- Applicants for the above mentioned courses who intend to apply for the scholarship must meet the entry requirements set out by the University of Malta.
- Applicants who can only be considered on a conditional basis (i.e. are not in a position to provide proof of attainment of the academic qualifications required to join the programme) at the time of application cannot be considered for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: July 20, 2017 (36 Days Remaining)