The UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR, was established in 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly to provide protection and assistance to refugees worldwide. In more than five decades, UNHCR has helped more than 50 million people restart their lives. Today, UNCHR staff in more than 120 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency’s Washington Regional Office for the United States of America and the Caribbean seeks interns for its Information Communication Technology (ICT) Unit.
- They will gain a deeper knowledge of the work of UNHCR, as well as of the frameworks governing the organization’s interventions, rules and regulation and to practice and develop analytical skills and other professional working skills, such as project and time management, prioritization, teamwork, presentation skills, etc.
- Analytical and drafting skills;
- Good oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of ICT standards;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team;
- Good time management skills;
- Good level of ICT proficiency, particularly with Microsoft, Cisco and Adobe products. Familiarity with databases and proficiency with website CMS and HTML preferred.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second language, such as Spanish, French or Arabic preferred.
- Expected Timeframe & Schedule: 3 month internships (Fall, Spring or Summer terms); Part-time or Full-time.
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
Intern have to send his/her send your complete applications, including your resume, cover letter with dates of availability, and a list of three professional references,
to: ICT Unit Intern Coordinator, UNHCR, 1800 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Suite 500, Washington DC 20036,
or via email (preferred) at [email protected]/* */ and note in the subject line ICT Unit Internship.