As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. For their operations in Germany/Bonn, they are looking for an Intern in the area of Monitoring, Evaluation and Communication of a multi-donor programme in the Energy Sector.
EU Energy Initiative Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF)
The EUEI PDF is a multi-donor facility that contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, in particular on energy. As a flexible instrument of the European Union, EUEI PDF promotes sustainable energy for equitable development in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
The EUEI PDF:
- Facilitates energy dialogue and knowledge transfer
- Advises partners to create enabling environments for sustainable energy solutions
- Supports the development of sustainable energy markets
- Conducts and promotes research, innovation and capacity development
The EUEI PDF offers its services via four strategic service lines. The Service Lines are supplemented by the Programme Support Unit which takes care of M&E, communication, knowledge management and other programme management related work tasks.
The major task will be to support in design and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) tasks and related communication requirements. In particular, support is required to finalize an impact evaluation of our completed projects, including the required documentation and communication of its results.
The work tasks are as follow:
- Supplement secondary source analysis of our finalized projects (based on EUEI PDF wiki, data management GIZ, internet research)
- Support the EUEI PDF project managers in the development of evaluation sheets for the finalized projects (incl. design, development, collection of required data)
- Support in research related to climate impacts, NDCs in countries the EUEI PDF is working in/has finalized projects, SDGs
- Support in internal and external communication of M&E results
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and EUEI PDF events or presentations, including planning and logistics
- Assistance in and/or carrying out of other activities and tasks, as assigned by EUEI PDF staff
A monthly stipend of € 1.520,- (gross).
- Bachelor Degree in Social or Political Sciences or similar
- Skills in Evaluation Design, Social Science Methods, in particular secondary source research is a strong asset
- Knowlegde to international development politics and initiatives required, in the energy sector would be an asset
- Profound skills in MS office required (in particular but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills required (in particular in writing)
- Fluent in English and German; French (reading/understanding)
- Being IT-affin is an asset
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
Please visit the official website and apply using the online platform.
Application Deadline: April 12, 2017 (4 Days Remaining)
For Further Queries
For further information, please contact [email protected]