Deadline: January 15, 2018
The International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR) is pleased to announce the ISTR Emerging Scholar Dissertation Award 2018. This award is presented biennially for a PhD dissertation completed or defended in the two calendar years (July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2017) preceding the award.
Founded in 1992, the International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR) is a major international association promoting research and education in the fields of civil society, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector. ISTR is an organization committed to building a global community of scholars and interested others dedicated to the creation, discussion, and advancement of knowledge pertaining to the Third Sector and its impact on human and planetary well-being and development internationally.
The winner will be announced and the award will be given at the ISTR 13th International Conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, which will be held July 10-13, 2018. The award is US $1,000.
- Dissertations that contribute to the field of comparative study of civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), philanthropy, voluntarism and related issues are eligible.
- They encourage submissions of PhD dissertations from all parts of the world.
- Dissertations focused exclusively on the United States are not eligible.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Dissertations may be submitted in English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Entries will be judged by a committee based on the following:
- The dissertation’s contribution to the study of, knowledge on, and understanding of the Third Sector and/or related fields
- The dissertation potential to influence new thinking on the Third Sector and/or related fields
Dissertations and accompanying materials must be submitted via the online form below prior to January 15, 2018.
Applications must include:
- letter of acceptance for the degree
- Up to 1,000 word abstract of the dissertation’s subject matter, its approach and contribution to the field (in English)
- one full copy of the dissertation
For more information, visit ISTR Emerging Scholar Dissertation Award.