WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It’s a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Plan and manage localization schedules, collaborating cross-functionally with Customer Operations, Content, Product and Engineering teams to define requirements and timelines
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, across multiple business units
- Evangelize internationalization standards and localization best practices
- Set clear expectations for internal and external localizers, communicate instructions in a clear and timely manner and ensure deadlines are met. Provide trainings, reference material and support for the localizers
- Drive initiatives relating to localization metrics redefinition, monitoring and reporting
- Analyze current pain points in workflows and tools and provide optimal solutions
- Make independent decisions and work well under pressure, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. WhatsApp is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in their job application procedures.
- 3+ years of localization project/program management experience
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and to diverse stakeholders. Fluency in a foreign language (writing, reading, speaking)
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards and best practices
- Eligible to work in the US
- No international relocation
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software localization, QA testing, Linguistic QA
- Understanding of statistical analysis and ability to present data in an insightful and structured manner
- Experience defining, tracking and communicating metrics and KPIs
Eligible Regions: Not specified.