Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship
The International Undergraduate Scholarships were established by the University of Melbourne in recognition of the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population.
The University usually awards 50 scholarships per year.
The International Undergraduate scholarship provides one of the following benefits:
- a one off $10,000 fee remission from tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; or
- a 100% remission from tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree.
To be considered for a fee remission scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course;
- have achieved excellent final year school results, such as:
- 4 A-grades in the GCE A Levels
- an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program,
- overall 98% in an approved Foundation program
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44; and
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program);
You do not need to submit an application for this scholarship. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered.
International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and allocated on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. Scholarships have been awarded to students from countries such as Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, China, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
There are five selection rounds with a designated number of scholarships available for each round:
- November, December and January for student starting in Semester 1 or 2
- April and May for students starting in Semester 2
Successful candidates will be notified via email within two weeks of the selection round being held.